Saturday, May 30, 2015

Best Life Sayings Of All Time

Here is my selection of the best life sayings of all time.


In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

It is better to play than do nothing. - Confucius

If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. - Confucius

There are seven things that will destroy us:
Wealth without work;
Pleasure without conscience;
Knowledge without character;
Religion without sacrifice;
Politics without principle;
Science without humanity;
Business without ethics. - Gandhi

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me. - Dudley Field Malone

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right. - Henry Ford

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. - Wayne Gretzky

Until you're ready to look foolish, you'll never have the possibility of being great. - Cher

In looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. And if they don't have the first, the other two will kill you. - Warren Buffett

An obstacle is often a stepping stone. - William Prescott

Never ruin an apology with an excuse. - Benjamin Franklin

The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything, the young know everything. - Oscar Wilde

A journey of a thousand leagues begins beneath one’s feet. - Lao Tzu

A wedding is just like a funeral except that you get to smell your own flowers. - Grace Hansen

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Henry S. Haskins

Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind. - Emily P. Bissell

Grief does not change you... It reveals you. - John Green

If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people. - Confucius

The power of imagination makes us infinite. - John Muir

Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. - Charles R. Swindoll

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain. - Dolly Parton

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius

If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people. - Virginia Woolf

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don’t let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was. - Richard L. Evans

Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. - Chinese Proverb

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt